Kays Kitchen: Strawberry Shortcake

7/28/15





Kays Kitchen is back (with some lost files) and although strawberry picking season is over, its not too late to enjoy a quick and easy treat.  Strawberries are amazing - and whats great about them is that they are even more amazing with some sugar, laid over a piece of cake, and topped with whipped cream.  Although I did not make the cake (because I would probably burn it).  I do have a super easy recipe on how to create your own whipped cream.  Do not be fooled its probably one of the easiest things but people will be impressed that you even put in the effort to feed them. 

what you will need: 

large bowl (chilled) - heavy whipping cream - sugar - electric mixer 
 
  
so your first step is to chill the bowl that you are using.  I prefer to use a metal bowl because I find that it stays cooler longer but use any bowl that you have.  Then pour a cup of heavy whipping cream into the bowl and add a tablespoon of sugar (I usually add more because I like it sweet... ).



Here comes the hardest part - use an electric mixer to whip the cream and sugar together.  Whip the contents until hard peaks are about to form (English: basically whip the cream and sugar until it holds a form)

yes, its that easy.
 

To prepare strawberries I add sugar and water to a bowl and let them chill in the fridge for an hour or two.  
 



whip, whip, whip, whipwhip- whip it real good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear feedback, thank you for reading Kay's Couture.

.post-body img { max-width:1100px; max-height:auto; }